nilgonj

nilgonj


Shruti Haasan was Independent since her childhood scandle

Posted: 27 May 2013 10:08 AM PDT

 Shruti Haasan who was last seen in Madhur Bhandarkar's Dil Toh Bachcha Hai Ji is back again in the Bollywood. This time, Shruti has two films releasing back-to-back for her. One is Prabhudheva's Ramaiya Vastavaiya and the other one is D-Day by director Nikhil Advani.

"I was independent from the time i was a kid. I even used to say no to my mother's help during my school home-work. I would always solve my problems my way. I love my family, But i am such a person who would like to sleep and wake up alone. May be this is the only reason why i am devastated at the idea of marriage." said Shruti Haasan while promoting her up coming flick Ramaiya Vastavaiya.

On agreeing to work on the film, Shruti added "Actually there were lots of reasons. First of all Prabhu Sir (Prabhudheva) and everyone knows about his work. Kumarji (Kumar Taurani) and the entire Tips team. I was really very excited about working with this team. And on top of it, We had a very good team."

Girish Taurani, Son of Ramesh Taurani who is the owner of Tips is being introduced opposite Shruti in Ramaiya Vastavaiya. Sonu Sood also plays an important role in the film.

Mallika Sherawat’s lies or her fake accent, What’s worse?

Posted: 27 May 2013 10:08 AM PDT

The Hisss actor gets caught in a web of her own making as a video interview of hers goes viral
In today's time, with the Internet cutting the distance between people, actors just cannot afford to tell stories. Especially not at the world's most prestigious film festival, from where news is bound to travel far and wide! However, no one seems to have explained this logic to the Murder actor Mallika Sherawat. Or maybe she hasn't gotten her head around the intricacies of using the net….we're not sure what the truth is.

Much to the annoyance of millions of desi viewers, Mallika was seen and heard boasting about her cinematic accomplishments in an interview she gave at a media booth at the 66th Cannes International Film Festival. The Hisss actor was seen telling the interviewer in an accent that was neither Indian nor American but definitely exotic, that she was the first person to kiss onscreen. The lady spoke with all her heart, obviously believing deeply in herself, saying that the 17 kisses that she shared with her costar (Himanshu Malik in Khwahish, 2003) onscreen helped champion women's causes in India. She even insisted that she was the first one wear a bikini in an Indian film!

Of course, she seems to have forgotten that a far more talented actor called Devika Rani kissed her co-star and later husband Himanshu Rai several decades earlier, in a 1933 film called Karma, the liplock lasting four minutes! And there are more than a dozen heroines who wore bikinis long before Mallika did, starting with Sharmila Tagore in 1967 (Evening in Paris), Dimple Kapadia (Bobby, 1973), Zeenat Aman (Qurbani, 1980), Aruna Irani (Bombay to Goa, 1972), Rakhee (Sharmilee, 1971), Mumtaz (Apradh, 1972), Madhrui Dixit (Mujrim, 1989)… we could go on and on! This only goes to show what a regressive mindset Mallika herself has, to subvert a whole chapter in the history of Indian cinema just to appear 'cool' and 'with the times', no?

Ms Sherawat also went on to say that after the many kisses she did, she became a fallen woman even as she attained superstar status in India. Not entirely true, wethinks. Her choice of movies like The Myth (with Jackie Chan, 2005) and the debacle of epic proportions that was Hisss (2010) were more responsible for boring holes in her career, rather than the temporary fame her kissing scenes got her. Sure, we admit that Bollywood is not as progressive as it should be when it comes to giving leading ladies their due, but it isn't as bad as Mallika makes it out to be either. But we know that in any women's empowerment that will take place in the future, Mallika's shapely self will not aid the cause!

Guess she just needs better PR these days. And an accent coach!

My father is extremely protective about me: Bobby Deol

Posted: 27 May 2013 10:08 AM PDT

Bobby Deol, 44, may be a part of a filmi family, but theirs is an extremely non-filmi house. He has learnt to be true to himself, down-to-earth and humble, as his dad taught him to be. He is moody, sensitive and shy and chooses to talk to the media only when he has to, for instance now, for his upcoming film Yamla Pagla Deewana2. Over an hour-long conversation with TOI, he talks about his large-hearted father, his strong mother, and why he feels overprotected. Excerpts:

How did you get to name your younger son Dharam?

My father shifted to our Juhu home when I was born. He named his four kids Sunny, Lali, Anu and Bobby. So, I had thought if I got married and had kids, I would have four and name them that, as the names were unisex. I have only two boys as my wife is from the next generation. When Aryaman was born, I wanted to name him after my father, but everyone was uncomfortable with the idea of calling him by my father's name. Then, when I had my second son, I said, 'You know what, no one calls papa by his name anyway.' So, we named our second son Dharam. And I have no pet names for him, as I hated the idea of pet names. My pet name is Bobby and the real name Vijay is on documents like on my passport. So, it's really confusing. If an Indian is the immigration officer, I have to keep telling him, 'Main hi hoon yaar Vijay Singh Deol' (Singh as they are Aryasamaji Sikhs). Likewise, Sunny's name is Ajay Singh Deol. Abhay had the cutest dimples as a child and thus, his pet name was Dimpy, but he uses his real name otherwise.

How did you cope with living in a traditional family, being a modern child?

I used to be a rebel. Until I was 17, I wanted to party and was not allowed to go out. In school, my deadline was 6 that got extended to 9 in college. I couldn't understand why. I wanted to party and do the regular stupid boy things and would sneak out at night. Abhay and I shared a room. Once when I was back, I looked at Abhay sleeping next to me and realized that even he had snuck out. My mom always told me I was a bad influence on him. But, as you grow older, you realize that every parent has their insecurity about their child, and you realize that only after you have your own kids. The pain that you thought you got while growing up, becomes all love of your parents towards you. It happened to me as soon as my first son was born. He was unwell and in the ICU for a week. It's then, when I saw my parents and family, I got my strength. All the hardships and pain your parents go through to bring you up just hits you.

Let's talk about your father...

I worship my parents. I was studying in Jamnabai Narsee School and when I was in Class VI, Billa and Ranga kidnapped my best friend Manish Parekh. He was the only child who had survived their kidnapping. So, he came back home and narrated how he had been harassed. The cops came to our home to warn us to also be careful. That's it. Manish was eventually allowed to go out, but my parents just became more rigid about not letting me go. But, I enjoyed my childhood, which kids today don't get to enjoy as the world around them has become so fast. The internet has ruined them and they look at things much before their parents can get a chance to explain it to them. I slept in my parents' room till the age of 14. But I was a big child, so soon I was thrown on to a gadda. My father is my superman and is extremely protective about me. I have always believed that my father can take away difficulties and make things better. Even though we live in the same house, I may not see him for weeks, but I know that if he is there, everything will be fine. He always wants to look after everybody, not just his own family, but his extended family, and has settled everyone. He's a giver and is a people's person. He can be walking anywhere and even if people don't know him, they love him. He attracts people around him. It's not that we have not had arguments or not hurt each other, but he is my hero.

Let's talk about your mother...

My mother is the strongest woman in my life. To be from a small town and be a part of the industry, which is about so much glam, where everything is in your face, your personal life is not your own and to not only cope with that, but be the strength of the house, look after every one and still be happy, is amazing. She was not even a proper adult when she got married. She is my strength. If I am low and need to talk to someone, I will call her. Though now, I don't, as I know she will get upset. I am so glad I am not a woman as I would not have been able to cope with it.

It's obvious that your brother Sunny loves you a lot...

My brother is like a father to me. When I look at him with his sons, I tell his sons you are so lucky. I had to go through what they don't. He is quite lenient with them. He would not let me go out and he had no interest in going out himself. We became better friends when I grew up.

Are you still too protected?

I am still a child and have been protected for too long. It's not good, as to face the world you cannot be so protected. That's why I am away from things as I am too honest about everything.

What is your wife Tanya like?

It was love at first sight. I met her after my first film Gupt, when I broke my leg falling off a horse and had to slow down. I was 27 then and never gambled ever, but that night, I tagged along with one of my friends to play cards on Diwali, as I had a handicap. She was there and I saw her. I chose to lose money to her and asked her out for dinner. I would have married her even earlier, but had to wait for five months to marry her as I had to wait for my operation to get over. She is really strong and has a lot of positiveness in her and has a never-give-up attitude. My wife tells me I am too soft and naive and too good for the world. And, yes, she would like me to be more of an adult.

How different are you with your sons vs how your father was with you?

I try and spend a lot of time with them. My dad used to almost live out of the studios. He spent the most time with me as I was the youngest. I love watching soccer and F1 with my kids. We all live together and bhaiya and me don't disturb our kids when all four of them are watching sports together. I always eat at home and love being in our joint family. Bhaiya can't stay away from dealing with the outer world as he is my older brother and has chosen to be my second father. But I just don't belong to this period. I wish I was born 50 years ago, when things were far simpler.

What would Dharamji and Sunny's advice be to you?

I have two fathers. And they both think that I am the best in the world and tell me, 'Why don't you let it out and show it to people?'

9 Things never to tell your hubby

Posted: 27 May 2013 10:08 AM PDT

Do you fake an orgasm when you actually didn't? Or find faults with the your husband's way of handling the kids, or pester him to find a new job? You may not realize it, but by saying so, you are making irreparable damages to your relationship.

Following is a list of nine statements compiled by Judy Ford, psychotherapist and author of 'Every Day Love' that you should never utter to your significant other, reports the Mother Nature Network.

First comes: "Yes, I had an orgasm."

Another statement that is a strict no-no is "You're just like your father." It's nasty and belittling, says Ford.

The third forbidden statement is actually very common: "When are you going to find a new job?"

The fourth hurtful statement is: "My mother warned me you'd do this!"

The fifth line, which is never a good idea to say, is "Just leave it — I'll do it myself!" Just because he's doing something differently than you would doesn't mean that he's doing it wrong.

The sixth statement, which can be heart breaking, is "You always... [fill in the blank]" or "You never... [fill in the blank]"

Then seventh statement that can be a serious blow is "Do you really think those pants are flattering?"

Saying so, you're insulting his looks without showing any genuine concern for his health, according to Ford.

Then eighth harsh statement is "Ugh, we're hanging out with him again?, which is an insult to your man's choice of friends.

The last but not the least is "Please watch the kids. But don't do this, take them here or forget that..." Let Dad-be-dad.

0 comments: