nilgonj

nilgonj


The casting couch exists in Bollywood even today: Maushmi Udeshi

Posted: 31 Mar 2013 06:01 PM PDT

Model-actress Maushmi Udeshi on nepotism in Bollywood and her plan of action

With her very first television ad for a reputed coffee brand, Maushmi Udeshi had managed to capture the imagination of the masses. Since then, Maushmi has done numerous music videos, regional films and shook a leg with Akshay Kumar and Govinda in Priyadarshan's Bhagam Bhag.

Maushmi, who was in Vadodara recently says, "I started working at the age of 14 and I am proud of whatever I have achieved in the last 10 years. For me, life has never gone according to plan but there are absolutely no regrets for the choices that I have made. I have been very choosy about my work and have never compromised on my values."

Elaborating further about her experiences in the film industry, Maushmi says, "Unless you are born with a silver spoon in your mouth and belong to one of those powerful star families which have a great influence on Bollywood, people tend to take you for granted. Casting couch was always a part of the film industry and it's very much prevalent even today! However, I have managed to not fall prey to this menace. At present, I am doing the lead role in Parakashtha, which will be directed by Jagmohan Kapoor."

I don't consider myself perfectionist: Aamir Khan

Posted: 31 Mar 2013 05:53 PM PDT


Aamir Khan, who played a cop struggling to cope with the death of his young son in 'Talaash', says the film was "emotionally exhaustive".

"The role of 'Talaash' was tough. The loss of the son in the film was emotionally exhausting. I had to start shooting thinking something really traumatic as that would set my mood," Aamir told reporters at an event.

Aamir said he had to go deep into the "space of loss" to step into the shoes of his character on the screen.
'Talaash: The Answer Lies Within' was a mystery film directed by Reema Kagti and produced by Excel Entertainment and Aamir Khan Productions, starring Aamir, Rani Mukerji, and Kareena Kapoor in the lead.
On often being dubbed as a "perfectionist" actor, Aamir said he disagreed with the tag.
"I don't think I am perfectionist. I don't think there is any such thing in the creative business. I don't consider myself perfectionist," the actor said, adding that he gives his best when it comes to his characters.
"I leave no stone unturned for any of my films," he added.
Aamir said he did not think much about being successful but enjoys doing his work.
"I don't know why I am successful so far. I don't think about it. I just enjoy my work and give my best. I want to surprise and challenge myself. I want to give audience something new every time," he said.
Aamir, known for experimenting with his looks, said he liked his get-up in films 'Mangal Pandey' and 'Ghajini'.

0 comments: