nilgonj

nilgonj


Saif Ali Khan to essay the role of Jawaharlal Nehru

Posted: 28 Jun 2012 09:55 AM PDT


Saif Ali Khan is riding high on his professional front. His forthcoming 'Cocktail' is yet to hit the screens but has already impressed the critics with its trailers. And now, Saif is all set to play the role of Jawaharlal Nehru in Britain-based Indian filmmaker, Gurinder Chadha's partition film. Actor Naseeruddin Shah has been approached to play the role of Muhammad Ali Jinnah and Shah has already given a nod for the role.
"It is a huge canvas requiring tonnes and tonnes of research and scores of characters. I've spoken to some people including Naseer and Saif. Nehru's role is a cameo, so I wonder if Saif would be willing to do it," Gurinder said on phone from London.
The film will be shot in Delhi and Jodhpur. "I've already acquired the necessary permission to shoot everywhere in India including Rashtrapati Bhavan. So I am all set. I don't have to shoot in Pakistan at all. This would be my ultimate dream project and I can't wait for it to take off," said Gurinder adding, "This is my biggest challenge to date. I've been working on my partition film for some time now. The central character is Lord Mountbatten. The movie is set in January 1947 when Mountbatten was asked to oversee India and the movie ends in August 1947, so it's a brief time span".
The film will go on floor this October.

Bollywood will have to wait for Vanya Mishra

Posted: 28 Jun 2012 09:49 AM PDT


Pantaloons Femina Miis India World 2012 Vanya Mishra from Chandigarh is awaiting her big test with the Miss World contest which will take place on August 18 contest in China. She is really motivated with Himangini Singh Yadu's victory as Miss Asia Pacific and says, "Every win at an international pageant is a proud moment for India. At this time I'm just focussed on my Miss World title and I hope I win millions of heart with the win."
"I am all set for D-day. The preparation is going in full swing. You are groomed from head to toe to compete with other representatives from different countries. I'm definitely going to put my best foot forward," she said.
Vanya says that the grooming sessions were really tough for her as she had to manage with her engineering studies as well. "Well, definitely it's difficult for a girl of my age to get into the mode of 13 days of strenuous grooming session. I am an engineering student, I can easily bunk my classes, but I was not allowed to bunk grooming sessions. It was difficult, but I am satisfied with the outcome. It helped in exploring hidden beauty," she said.
As for her plans to enter Bollywood, Vanya says that she has other things to focus on at present. "I love glamour, but I haven't given thought to entering Bollywood as of now. I was just the student and then I became Miss India, so it's too early for me to plan future. I just expect and hope to win the international crown. My main focus is international pageant," she said.

The new poster of ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ features Salman and Katrina together

Posted: 28 Jun 2012 09:44 AM PDT


When Yash Raj Films released their first poster and teaser trailer of their forthcoming 'Ek Tha Tiger' featuring only Salman Khan, it left people wondering why his ex-flame and flick's female lead, Katrina Kaif, was left out. Before gossip columns could go into wrong interpretations, the makers released yet another poster of the same featuring only Katrina Kaif with the tagline, 'The girl who tamed Tiger'.
Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif had been in a relationship for quite a long time. So, their fans were obviously waiting to see them together. So, here comes another poster of this Kabir Khan's directorial venture which has merged the first two posters and has Sallu and Kats together. The makers are set to release the theatrical trailer this Friday.

0 comments: