nilgonj

nilgonj


Shah Rukh Khan in surrogacy controversy over sex determination test reports

Posted: 17 Jun 2013 12:39 PM PDT


Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan has reportedly got into trouble with state health department for finding out the sex of his unborn child through surrogacy. Last week media was abuzz with reports that King Khan and his wife Gauri were set to have a boy through surrogacy.

The radiologists' association has asked the state health department to inquire into news and find out how the star couple has got to know about the sex of their unborn child when sex determination is illegal in India.

Sources have revealed that state's Indian Radiological and Imaging Associations (IRIA) has objected to King Khan finding and revealing the sex of their unborn child in the wake of reports of skewed sex ratio across Maharashtra, including Mumbai. It is said they are contemplating strict action against radiologists for allegedly conducting illegal sex determination.

IRIA has demanded an investigation into the matter and has sent an email to the top state health department officials, including state health minister Suresh Shetty. It is also reported that if the news is confirmed then it means that celebs are breaking the law. This case has also gained momentum as the person who has been accused of determining the sex of the child is a celebrity and this will set a wrong example.

However, the star couple has refused to comment on it. Investigators are also trying to find out if the star couple got the sex determined outside India, where it is legal.

I'm at peace with who I am at this stage in my life: Sunny Leone

Posted: 17 Jun 2013 12:39 PM PDT


 Sunny Leone, the outsider, on coping with pressures in Bollywood

What are the insecurities of an actress who comes from out of India to work in Bollywood?
I can't talk for anyone else, but for me, I'm convinced I made the right decision to move my world to India. I just dropped everything and followed my dream.

How do you keep yourself grounded and stress-free?
I have a couple of people in my life that keep me grounded and my past experiences with life keep me calm. I realise there are far worse things that could be happening in life. Also, just turning on the news makes me realise that I have a beautiful fulfilling life with my family and my career. If it all disappeared tomorrow, I would be okay with it because I believe everything is a stepping stone to another chapter in my life.

What advice would you give yourself and other actresses on how to handle their personal and professional life?
Make sure you have hobbies. In entertainment, sometimes you are working everyday and at other times you might have a few weeks off. In those cases, keep yourself busy physically and mentally. Spend time with your family and your friends. Also stay away from drugs and don't drink too much, it will set your mind off balance.

Do you think the actress would need family support in the country itself, or can they do without that?
Each person is different in life so I can only speak for myself. I function amazingly when my husband is with me, but I am okay on my own as well. I can handle stressful situations and figure out the solutions to them. I don't mind being by myself because I am at peace with who I am at this stage in my life. I have set myself up here in India with an amazing group of people I can trust. To be in entertainment, you have to be able to function on your own as well as with a family member. But of course, my husband does make my life very easy for me. He makes it possible for me to just be me.

Posted: 17 Jun 2013 12:39 PM PDT


Is Shah Rukh under scanner for determining sex of his unborn child?

Posted: 17 Jun 2013 12:39 PM PDT


Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan was in the midst of a controversy following reports that he has gone for a pre-birth sex determination test for a third child through surrogacy.

When contacted, an aide of the actor refused to respond on the issue. "We are not commenting," the aide said when asked about reports that SRK was expecting a baby boy through surrogacy.

A senior Maharashtra government official said that they had asked the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) to verify reports following a demand for an inquiry by an NGO and Indian Radiological and Imaging Association.

"The civic body officials are the appropriate authority for implementation of the Pre-Conception Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques (PCPNDT) Act in the municipal corporation areas," the official said.

Meanwhile, doctors from the health department of the BMC visited the actor's residence 'Mannat' in suburban Bandra to inquire but had to return as SRK was not at home.

"Our officials went to his residence. They were told by Shah Rukh's business manager that the actor has not made any statement on expecting a baby boy through surrogacy," said Dr Arun Bamne, executive health officer of the civic body's health department.

The PCPNDT Act provides for the prohibition of sex selection in the country before or after conception. It regulates the use of pre-natal diagnostic techniques, like ultrasound and amniocentesis by allowing them their use only to detect genetic abnormalities, metabolic disorders, chromosomal abnormalities, certain congenital malformations and sex linked disorders.

Media reports had claimed that SRK, 47, and his wife Gauri Khan were expecting a baby boy through surrogacy. SRK and Gauri have son Aryan and daughter Suhana.

0 comments: