nilgonj

nilgonj


Direction is my ultimate destiny: Himu

Posted: 03 Jan 2011 12:42 AM PST


Humayra Himu is a much known face of the small screen. She is popular among the young viewers. She always wanted to be an actress, it was her dream. To make her dream come true she arrived in Dhaka and got busy in theatre. There she completed her institutional segment of acting. Himu says, "I' m very passionate about acting. My mother inspires me a lot. After my schooling, our family moved to Dhaka and I explored myself to learn acting. Then, I got the chance to work for Nagorik Nattoyangon Ensemble and there I learnt a lot about acting. Working in theatre helped me to grow up as an actress." About her work in small screen Himu says, "I did a number of one episode dramas at the beginning of my career. But a few drama series like Salahuddin Lavlu' s Ghorkutumbo, Dodul' s Shanto Kutir and Mahfuz Ahmed' s Tomar Doaey Bhalo Achi Maa gave me recognition, name and fame and I have seriously begun my acting career" "I really love working in media. I' m also very serious about my career. I found establishing one' s career in media is very challenging and competitive. Truly, it' s a creative arena and one has to enjoy the things one is doing. I love creative things and that' s why my ultimate destiny is direction. I' m preparing myself for the job and it' ll take me 3-4 years to learn the whole process. But I' m determined about it." she adds. Himu is also very excited about her film debut. She says, "Every actor' s dream is to act in films. My first work for big screen is Morshedul Islam' s Amar Bandhu Rashed. The movie will be released on 25 March. The story is based on a novel written by Muhammad Zafar Iqbal. There I am playing the role of Oru apa." About her current projects Himu says, "Right now, I' m busy working for four drama series and all of them are going on air. Mad bhai directed by Kazi Ariful Islam and Jamai mela directed by Kabir Babu are going on air in Banglavision. Rtv telecast the series Tourist directed by Arun Chowdhury. Etv airs Ghatak Baki Bhai Private Ltd directed by Debashish Barua. I' ve also completed shooting an one episode drama named Bhul Theke Shuru directed by Partha Sarkar."

Bon Jovi are top earners of 2010

Posted: 03 Jan 2011 12:40 AM PST


Rock band Bon Jovi' s The Circle show was the highest- earning tour of 2010, taking $201.1m (£130.7m) worldwide, according to music trade publication Pollstar. Australian rock band AC/DC landed at number two for the second year in a row, with tickets sales from their recent tour totalling $177m (£115m). U2, which was the top worldwide act in 2009, came in at third place, with ticket sales totalling $160.9m (£104.6m). Lady Gaga followed in fourth place, with Metallica at number five. Gaga, who has become well known for her flamboyant outfits, earned $133.6 million (£86.8 million) from her tour. But the Poker Face singer worked harder than any other musician in the top 10, after she played 138 shows. By contrast, Bon Jovi played 80 shows, AC/DC performed 40 shows and U2 played 32. In sixth place was Michael Buble' s tour taking $104.2 million (£67.7 million) The educational family show Walking with Dinosaurs took $104.1 million (£67.7 million) to earn seventh place ahead of Paul McCartney with tour takings of $93 million (£60 million). At number nine were the Eagles with ticket sales totalling $92.3 million (£59.9 million) while ex-Pink Floyd frontman Roger Waters was in 10th place with $89.5 million (£58.1 million) earned. >>Source: BBC

0 comments: